To The Planning Commission of Mill Valley,
I am a long time resident of Mill Valley and am asking that you reconsider the project at La Goma for the following reasons.
- Pedestrian, bicyclist, and traffic safety... a new driveway onto Miller less than 100 feet from the La Goma intersection
- Toxic waste on the site... lead measured at seven times the level considered hazardous by the state of California
- Increased traffic... that will drive more trips through Sycamore/Tamalpais Park neighborhoods
- Inadequate parking... the developer is asking for an exception to provide half the parking spaces required by Mill Valley's municipal code
- Impact on Mill Valley's already overburdened schools... project estimated to add nine students; MV School Superintendent states in report that "some students from the over enrolled Park School could be transferred to the Strawberry Point School"
- Further loss of local-serving small businesses... with inadequate parking, will people stop and shop?
- Environmental threats to the creek... the project could require that fish be removed from the creek, and the creek diverted, during construction
- Overbuilding in a flood zone... where in 2005 the property was inundated under two to three feet of fast-running water
- Cumulative impact of the La Goma and other large projects in the pipeline
I cannot attend the meeting but hope this email will impress upon you that there is real and serious opposition to this project.
Mill Valley, CA